Thursday, December 1, 2011

My attempt at being fit

Most of you know that I have started a program called Couch to 5k.  This is designed to help couch potatoes, like me, get up and running to the point that you can successfully run a 5k.  For years I have detested running and always said that the only way I would run is if somebody was chasing me.

This past May, Mom and I decided to sign up for a local bootcamp.  This has been great for me because it has gotten me out of the house and moving 4 days a week.  After all of this time in bootcamp, I have decided that it just wasn't enough.  I wanted to be fit again like I was back in high school!

I had heard of this program from tons of people and usually laughed at the idea.  When it was brought up to me again a couple of months ago, something in my head clicked and I immediately signed up.  It's 9 weeks long and you only run 3 days a week.  You start off by mostly walking with short intervals of jogging thrown in and slowly work your way up to running/jogging the entire time.

I just finished Week 6 Day 2 and I can proudly say that I have been able to keep up with the program :-)

I even signed up to run my first 5k in January and it makes me nervous but I am confident that I will be able to run the entire race.

Why am I telling you all of this?  I need the accountability!  Also, I figure someone out there in cyber space might read this and think maybe they can do it as well.

I am also thinking about posting my before weight and progress along the way.  I am currently trying to figure out some kind of reward system for myself so that I have goals to meet and something to look forward to.

If I decide to do all of this, you all will be the first (maybe 2nd) to know.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment