Thursday, March 3, 2011

8 Months

Today Samantha is 8 months old.  She is growing so fast and every time I look at her I can see new developments she's making.

She now climbs up on EVERYTHING.  She loves to be standing and is usually not content sitting unless she's worn herself out from standing so much.  She's not quite cruising along the furniture yet but I see that coming very soon.

She loves to feed  herself also.  Puffs and Yogurt Melts are her favorite and yesterday I gave her a taste of my sugar-free jello and she couldn't get enough.  Although she likes to try the spoon now and then it usually ends up in a huge mess that ends in mommy cleaning the floor, high chair, her hair and my clothes.

As I mentioned in the previous post, she also got her 3rd tooth this month.  This top tooth seems to have put her through much more pain and torment that the bottom two did.  It has been hell.  Mommy needs more sleep in order to deal with these kinds of days.  Otherwise I end up texting Blake at my breaking point begging for relief.  The other day he had to come home and get her to go to the grocery store for diapers just so that I could get 15 minutes of "me" time.  I do hate seeing her so miserable though and all I want to do is pick her up and cuddle her while telling her that the pain will go away soon.

She is sleeping through the night now about 9 times out of 10.  She'll wake up once or twice but is able to put herself back to sleep now.  Last night was the first time in a while I had to go in at 5am and give her a bottle and put her back to sleep.  I'm hoping that once this teething thing settles back down that our nap schedule and sleep schedule will go back to normal.

She is now weighing in at about 17.5 lbs and is getting taller all the time!  She is starting to fit into 12 month clothing and that just makes me so sad to think she is growing up so fast :-(

Today when taking her 8 month pictures I realized that this is only going to get harder.  It was such a struggle to get her to sit still and not try to crawl off of the chair.  I tried bribing with toys and a binky and it just wasn't working.  Here is what I got out of it though:








No comments:

Post a Comment